• We have COSCO's Heavy Lift Vessel Xiang Yun Kou en route to Jinhae South Korea, dry docking Shell's wounded Noble Discoverer.
• We have COSCO's Heavy Lift Vessel Xiang Rui Kou in Dutch Harbor, preparing to receive Shell's wounded drill module Kulluk.
But wait! There is more interesting Heavy Lift Vessel news to report!
• Jumbo's Fairpartner, pictured here with a different load, has just cleared the Port of Osaka Japan (March 19th), en route to Seattle, bearing "Bertha," the worlds largest Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM).
The Fairpartner's Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) is April 1st. Gads!
For sure we will be keeping track of the progress of Seattle's World Class Tunnel Boring Machine!
Suggested Reading:• A Short History of Heavy Lift Vessels
• Pedestal and Mast Cranes
• Structural Analysis of a Heavy-Lift Vessel
• Military Surface Deployment: Rigging Diagrams
Story concludes: Something Heavy This Way Come ... Conclusion